Friday, July 16, 2010

Meditation Hesitation

My mind has been sort of a jumble-y mess lately, which means I've been kind of anxious and just not very centered. So my wise radio DJ cousin suggested I try meditating, and that if I stick with it, I'll get some answers on how to be more peaceful.

So I've been reading up on meditation, and after some yoga, I decided to try it out today. I sat in a comfortable position, came up with a little mantra, and began breathing deeply, clearing my mind, counting to ten...aaahh.

But I couldn't do it. I couldn't sit there long enough to get past three sets of deep breaths before I started checking my phone, looking around, just getting uncomfortable. I tried twice, but I just couldn't get my mind to quiet down.

But...at least I tried? And I'm going to try again tomorrow, and the next day, etc. because I think it's important to find stillness in each day, especially when my mind has been so...unclear.

Maybe next time you hear from me I'll be a meditation expert!

No comments:

Post a Comment