Monday, February 8, 2010

Hold On to Your Mice: Malia's Blogging!

I decided to start a blog. Probably because I've been deeply obssessed with Julie & Julia lately (the movie, mostly. I really like the book but...will the real Julie Powell please sit down?? She is cray-zay). Unlike her blog, I doubt mine will catapult me into instant fame and fortune, but...a girl can dream, can't she?

(A brief digression--already: One of my favorite parts about college just happened. Me: *mouth-full of wheat-thins* Are you Hindu? My roommate: Yes. Me: Cool.)

Anyways. I just really wanted to start a blog. And I know no one (NO ONE) will read it but that is just A-OK with me. I kind of like the thought of sending all my weird thoughts/agonizing dreams out into the cyber void for all to read, because...well might as well make the most out of all this creepy technology right? We're like the only time period that can do stuff like this.

So let's just have an Introductory Blog. I'm Malia. My blog is called Snow. White. and has a picture of Snow White on it because I am the palest, brunettest, most naive, sing-songiest, floatiest, hopeless-ist romantic-ist person I and all who know me have ever met--kinda like...you get the picture!

I daydream a lot. A. Lot. Like I have a whole world of my own in my head that I'm the queen over. I think this worries my mom, but don't worry Mom. I also live in reality--which is why I like to daydream. I don't really understand why it's socially unacceptable to burst into song when emotion becomes unbearable to carry, but I don't understand a lot of things!

I'm a freshman at the UW and I'm kind of freaking out about it. I was the most excited person for college I've ever seen, and now I'm the most soul-crushed person by college I've ever seen. Probably because of all the daydreaming. But maybe a little soul-crushing now and then is healthy. Because I am also one of those people who can see the light at the end of any tunnel. And I see a big one glimmering at the end of this one.

I really like writing in my journal, reading books, coloring pictures, singing, acting, doing yoga, etc...yes I can be a bit of an introvert. But I also love taking my little socially awkward self out to mix with all the other socially awkward people college is teeming with. And I love hanging out with my family. My mom and sister are basically my BFFs. And my daddy is still my hero. And my brother...well, we love Connor.

So, that's me. I guess. Lord knows I'm still trying to figure out who I am! So, at this point in time--this is what I have been compelled to write about myself. And now my blog has become long-winded and all about myself so now, no one will read it FOR REAL.

Plus I have an early class tomorrow and I'm up way too late.

Blog at y'all laytah!

No comments:

Post a Comment