Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Kick-Off to a New Year

I don't even know where to begin! We had a family reunion this weekend in Eastern WA with my wildly colorful extended family, and I was threatening to blog about it all week, but now I have total blogger's block!

It was really, really fun. I saw some cousins I haven't seen in a while. With incidents like my cousin Ryan telling me about the aliens coming for me, sometimes I almost felt like I was nine again, except with more people sneaking me alcohol! There were adorable little kids to play with and great music (until I accidentally deleted my cousin-in-law's artfully planned playlist!!) and great company!

My sister Hailey and I went to my aunt's house early with my cousin Randi to spend some time with my aunt, uncle, cousin, and her little girls before all the rest of the fam came. It was so great to be in the sun with some of my favorite family members; I really had a wonderful time!

Some of my favorite memories include but are not limited to: Joking around with my cousin Randi (CLASSIC lemonade!), making fun of my cousin Bobby's Canadian accent ("A hooooge auwl!!"), dancing with my little cousins, and watching True Blood with my aunt Roberta.

It was a great bow to wrap up my summer. Move-in is starting to creep up on me, and there's a lot to do and shop for (yay!) before then. Of course I'm starting to freak out about that a little, but more on that later (I bet you can't wait!) and I have a lot to look forward to in September!
Week One: Moving In.
Week Two: Work Week (getting ready for rush).
Week Three: Rush.
Week Four: Dawg Daze Volunteering (kick-off for the freshmen).
Week Five: Recital Choir Callbacks and First Day of Sophomore Year!

Whew. Luckily I like being busy, so I can't wait.

Also, looking at the photos from this weekend has shown me that I SUPER need to lose weight. I look like a troll in most of them. Can I do it by September??

Cheers,
Malia

No comments:

Post a Comment